Tuesday 13 January 2015

Simple Photo Editing: PicMonkey & MS Paint


PicMonkey Photo Editing

Since Pinterest is just my hobby, I have no need for professional editing. To optimize some pins I have been "playing around" with PicMonkey. It is a brilliant tool for quick editing of your photo's and very user friendly. I just used the browser based version. By clicking the "Edit" button on their home page, you can get started immediately.

To put pictures together I used MS Paint. It is probably possible to use PicMonkey for this also. I haven't read any of their tutorials yet, so I am not sure.

Examples


Most of the lovely pictures of cutiepiegoodies are too small to get beautiful large pins. I used her pictures to learn more about the use and possibilities of PicMonkey. Cutiepiegoodies makes clothing and accessoires for newborn & children, which you can buy in her store at Etsy (see the source link).

On the left you see the collage of pictures in their normal colors. On the right I used the "boost" feature to enhance the colors. First I resized the pictures to 570 x 379 to easily fit them together in MS Paint. Personally I like the boosted version.



Then I made the picture on the right using the "Black and White" & "Boost" features to bring out all the tones a little more. With the picture on the left I used the "Frost" tool to bring out the white tones.

To change the picture to one dominant color turned out to be a lot more difficult. I used "Warhol" which allows you to pick a color for the dark tones as well as the light tones. You can get many different colored versions of the same picture. I found it hard to decide which colors to pick so it would make a nice picture to look at.


This is a version in purple and violet tones which I like a lot. 




I duplicated and flipped these pictures or used different pictures and put them together in MS Paint. All repins need to be linked to cutiepiegoodies or credited to her name.


This quote just asks for different colors!


1 comment:

  1. PLEASE HELP IF YOU KNOW THE ANSWER

    I have no clue why some pictures on my blog become a slideshow when you click to enlarge them while others are not included. I want all my pictures to show in this slideshow, but I don't know how. I didn't use any program or special coding (as far as I know). If you know how to do this, please tell me! Thanks a bunch.

    ReplyDelete